The Yardian skill in Alexa allows you to use voice commands to control your Yardian with some basic and commonly used functions. To get started, you need to have a Yardian account available. You can create your Yardian account through the Yardian App or Yardian Web App.
Once you create your account and log in to the Yardian App, you can create a Yard Profile which includes all the information about your yard.
After connecting Alexa to Yardian, you can say commands like:
“Alexa, ask Yardian to water zone 1 for 2 minutes.”
“Alexa, ask Yardian to stop watering.”
- Alexa, ask Yardian
Running a zone
- Start zone two for 1 hour
- Run zone three for half an hour
- Turn on zone five for 15 minutes
- Water zone one for 10 minutes
- Begin watering in zone four for 15 minutes
Stop a zone
- Turn off
- Turn it off
- Stop current watering task
- Stop watering
- Stop current watering
- Turn off watering
Ask information of the next watering task
- Next watering task
- Next watering time
- What is the next watering task
- When will be the next run
- When is the next run
- When is the next time for watering
- Next watering task in Yardian
Ask zone name
- Tell me the name of zone two
- Zone name of zone three
- What is the name of zone one
- What is zone two
- Name of zone five
- What is zone three called
- What do I call zone two
Download Amazon Alexa App
Follow The Steps Below
Open the Alexa App
and select “Skills” from the menu.
Search for Yardian.
Log in with your Yardian account.
Specify the Profile to be controlled.
Verify The Yardian Skill Installation
1. “Alexa, is THE Yardian skill enabled?”
2. “Alexa, launch Yardian”
Please note that Alexa might have problem recognizing keywords like Yardian (pronouncing yard + guardian). If this happens, please say “Alexa, launch Yardian“ first, then say the Yardian Skill commands.